The Korean company Samsung has just launched the update to Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Samsung Galaxy S4 zoom; a variant of the Samsung Galaxy S4 original has an integrated camera up to 16 megapixels. Like most sharpshooting catalogs of mobile phones Samsung, this device also has prepared its corresponding ration of KitKat, which means that users will have the opportunity to enjoy the significant improvements brought about this release.
A new bar notifications, status icons in white, direct access to the camera from the home screen, more profiles Bluetooth to synchronize additional accessories or even the ability to print files from your phone without cables. These improvements have to add major repairs in the section on safety and performance. But what must be done to update the Samsung Galaxy S4 zoom to Android 4.4.2 KitKat? We’ll tell you step by step below.
Option 1: Update with cables, through the software KIES.
First step. Install KIES software on your computer.
1) You know with most smartphones of Samsung, it is possible to start the update via OTA (without cables) or by connecting the phone to the computer. In this second case will need to have installed the software proposed by the firm itself. We refer, of course, to Samsung Kies, a program used to perform such updates, but also to synchronize content to your computer, backing up and managing files in general. If you have not yet installed, you must access the official website of Samsung KIES.
2) Within this page you need to select the type depending on the product version and operating system you use on your computer: Windows or Mac. Moreover, within the section Windows, you must select the download Kies instead of Kies3 only operational for those smartphones that have been presented from Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and run through Android 4.3 or higher.
3) Download your team should arrive within minutes. The installation file will be downloaded to your computer and should be able to locate it on the bottom of the browser (in the case of Chrome) or directly to the download folder (if you use Firefox).
4) All you have to do now is click on the button Run to start the installation process. It will be necessary, though, to accept the licensing terms and follow the steps that will indicate the system. You will see that this is a very simple and quick process.
5) With Samsung KIES already have the main tool to perform the installation through cables. At this point you have the option of installing a desktop shortcut (interesting if you use this program very often). When you’ve decided, click on Finish.
Step. Connect your Samsung Galaxy S4 zoom to your computer.
1) This is the time to connect your Samsung Galaxy S4 zoom the team. You’ll have to do it through a USB cable you’ll find inside the computer box, although you can always use any cable that is compatible with the connectors.
2) When connected to the USB slot on your computer, the Samsung Galaxy S4 zoom should be recognized immediately. Immediately activate the software KIES and the phone should appear as connected within the tool itself.
3) If the update to Android 4.4.2 KitKat is available you will see the minute. You just have to click on the tab Basic Information. If the test is positive, you should read “The update is available”. You already have almost everything you need to have to start enjoying Android 4.4.2 KitKat on your phone.
Step. Make a backup.
1) We’ve already indicated that the update is almost ready to get your Samsung Galaxy S4 zoom. However, it should be noted that before performing any work on the software of the terminal must be kept and neatly stored data. And it is that any failure could spoil all our files and settings. For this reason, we recommend making a backup from KIES. Open the program.
2) Click on the tab Backup and select the option Reset.
3) This is the time to select those files you want to keep safe. However, the best option is still to Select all the elements and save the content you have stored on the Samsung Galaxy S4 zoom.
4) When you’re done, select Backup. Note that the process can go on for several minutes. The more information you have stored, the more time it takes for the system to back. Be patient and wait. Right after, you only need to tap on the button Complete.
Step. Update Samsung Galaxy S4 zoom to Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
1) If you’re done with the above steps, it is time to launch the update. All you have to do is click on Download firmware.
2) Note that the process can have a significant duration. All you have to do is wait patiently and do not disconnect the Samsung Galaxy S4 zoom in no time. You will see the progress of the update a progress bar that will indicate what their actual status.
3) Once you have completed the upgrade process, the system will send you an information notice. Note that the device must be restarted automatically. Once lit, the Samsung Galaxy S4 zoom feature and all proposed improvements to Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
Option 2: Update via FOTA (Firmware Over The Air) or wireless
First step. Prepare the Samsung Galaxy S4 zoom for the update.
1) In the updates wirelessly, should prepare the computer so that no problem will not occur during this delicate process. First, will require battery Samsung Galaxy S4 zoom fully charged, or at least up to 80%. Any accidental outage could take the update and ruined part of the content team.
2) Next, you will need to connect your Samsung Galaxy S4 zoom to a WiFi network that can offer some assurance of stability. Choose work or in your own home to carry out the download with confidence. You’ll save a good peak data (keep in mind that the update packages are usually very heavy) and avoid any accidental cut during unloading.
3) Before proceeding, we recommend performing a backup of all the files you have stored on your computer as well as the settings. To carry out this process simply connect the device to your computer and follow the instructions in point three that tell us about performing a backup with Samsung Kies.
Step. Look for the update to Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
1) To start the upgrade, before you should have received a notice from Samsung. If not, you have to search availability.
2) You can do this by accessing the Settings> About device. If the update is ready, the system will indicate this and you can start to download and install it on your device.
3) When you find it, click on Software Update.
Step. Install Android 4.4.2 KitKat on your Samsung Galaxy S4 zoom.
1) The phone will connect automatically to servers Samsung. It will start the download process and will have to wait patiently for the process comes to an end. Respect it and do not interrupt at any time.
2) Follow the instructions at all times provided by Samsung. Remember that you can not use the device during the update process.
3) The Samsung Galaxy S4 zoom automatically restart after update. When it is turned on again, you should start enjoying all the new features we’ve discussed for Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
Read more on: The Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom is a photographic version of the Samsung Galaxy S4