How to upgrade the Samsung Galaxy S4 to the official version of Android 4.4.2 KitKat
Did you know that Samsung is already carrying out the update to Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Samsung Galaxy S4? Since last March 6, the company is distributing the data packet to all free terminals. This means that if you have a Samsung Galaxy S4 in your hands can start to look for the update and get it to work. If you do not know quite how to upgrade your computer, here are instructions to integrate, step by step, this data packet to the terminal. At this point we remind you that you can update your device via FOTA or the terminal connecting to KIES 3 software. We give you all the keys to do it both ways.
OPTION 1. Update via KIES 3.
Step. Install the software on your computer.
1) If you choose to update through this program, you need to install the software before called KIES 3. Remember to download the latest version of this program and not the one that had been used to date.
2) You will get this program from the official website of Samsung Kies. Kies 3 are available for all smartphones and tablets from Samsung Galaxy Note 3 or those that run on Android 4.3 or higher. Click on the Download Kies button 3.
3) In a few seconds start downloading. Wait for it to finish. The process can go on for five to seven minutes.
4) Open the file you just downloaded (surely find the bottom of your browser or in the kit for downloads). Click on the Run button and save the file. Accept the license terms and start the installation process.
5) Wait for the installation process, which will last for several minutes. In no time you receive a message asking if you want to integrate the shortcut icon on the desktop. When the process is finished, click Finish.
Step. Connect your Samsung Galaxy S4 to the computer.
1) Now you have to connect the Samsung Galaxy S4 to your computer. You can do it via the USB cable in the box you will find phone purchase, but you also have the option to use any other compatible cable.
2) Hook the cable to the microUSB slot on the device and the other end into the computer. Then the team would have to detect the presence of the Samsung Galaxy S4 and run the software automatically. If not, click the Kies program 3 to run. Within minutes, the system should move from Connecting to Connected legend.
3) It is quite possible that the update is already available. Click on the Basic Information tab of the program and see if you read the message “The update is available”. Your Samsung Galaxy S4 is ready to be updated.
Step. Make backup.
1) Before performing the upgrade, it is highly desirable to make a backup that you can avoid any loss of data during the process. To begin, click on the tab Backup / Restore.
2) Next, you need to select which elements you want to include in the backup copy are. We recommend you click on the Select all option elements.
3) Finally, click Backup. Note that the process can go on for a few minutes, although this period will depend on how much data you have saved on your computer. When finished, click on Fill.
Step. Starts with the update.
1) When you have done all the above steps, you can click on Download firmware.
2) During the upgrade process, do not disconnect at any time the Samsung Galaxy S4 from your computer. See how the process goes through the progress bar. This can go on for some minutes.
3) Right after, you will be notified by the software itself. At this point you can click OK and disconnect your computer from the computer.
4) Finally, the Samsung Galaxy S4 will restart and you can start enjoying all the new features of the upgrade to Android 4.4 KitKat.
OPTION 2. Update via FOTA (Firmware Over The Air) or wireless.
Step. Places the time of the update.
1) First, we suggest you have fully charged the battery from the computer. It is recommended to be 100%, but it will be sufficient that exceed 80%. Please note that any interruption could cause fatal errors on your computer.
2) But this is not all. Before you start downloading, be sure to connect the Samsung Galaxy S4 to a stable WiFi network (at home, at work…) that is a guarantee of stability. Note that the download package is something heavy and requires a different connection to 3G Classic.
3) Finally, we recommend that you back up all your files from your computer. You can easily do it through Kies 3 software, following the instructions that we have indicated in the paragraph above.
Step. Look for the update.
1) It is likely that if you have a free terminal you’ve received a notification to alert you of the arrival of the update to Android 4.4 KitKat.
2) If you have not been, we recommend you access the section Settings> About device to see if the actual data packet is available.
3) Click on the Software Update button.
Step. Install Android 4.4 on your Samsung Galaxy KitKat S4.
1) Just click on the Update button, your Samsung Galaxy S4 will connect to Samsung servers. The download process can go on for a few minutes.
2) And as of now do not have to complicate a lot more. After downloading the package, you will receive specific instructions to install the update. Be patient and wait for it to finish the process.
3) The phone will automatically restart. Just start up the phone, you should see all the improvements of Android 4.4 on the Samsung Galaxy KitKat S4.