You may know about the possibility that the upgrade to Android 4.4.2 KitKat reached the Samsung Galaxy S3, a smartphone that long has been a flagship of Samsung catalog, but which are not part of the latest batch of devices that has unveiled the Korean. In fact, the arrival of the data packet has been questioned many times, but the truth is that today some users of this device have begun receiving the corresponding data packet, which indicates that the deployment could begin shortly in all markets.
The first to embrace Android 4.4.2 KitKat for owners of Samsung Galaxy S3 have been linked to terminals Sprint, the well-known American operator. A little later, the data packet has made its triumphant appearance in Open Source, the developer site for Samsung, which would mean that in just 48 hours the update will start rolling for the general public. But, you know how to update your Samsung Galaxy S3 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat? Here’s how to do it in a few simple steps.
OPTION 1. Reload via KIES.
First step. KIES installed on your computer.
1) The software KIES is that Samsung has developed to perform all syncs and updates the user deems appropriate. If you have not installed, you will need to turn to the Samsung official website to download it.
2) You can download this software for Windows or Mac in just seven or ten minutes.
3) Once downloaded, open the file that has been stored in the download folder. Then click on the button Run. Before starting the installation, accept the license terms.
4) The installation of this software, as mentioned, will be extended a few minutes, so you’ll have to wait patiently. When this process is complete, the system will prompt you to install a shortcut icon on the desktop. If you are done, click on the button Finish.
Step. Connect your Samsung Galaxy S3 to the computer.
1) Connect your Samsung Galaxy S3 to the computer through a USB cable. You will see that is inside the phone case itself, although you can use any cable that is compatible, even if another device.
2) When you connect your phone to your computer via a microUSB slot, the system will detect that the Samsung Galaxy S3 is ready. The Kies software should run automatically, even if it does not just have to double click on the shortcut icon for the program. You should read the message Connected.
3) If the update is ready to be installed, you should see it through flange Basic Information of Kies. If you read “The update is available”, the Samsung Galaxy S3 and are ready to receive Android 4.4.2 KitKat at that time.
Step. Make a backup of the contents and settings.
1) Before starting any upgrade process, it would be interesting to you to make a backup of all data and settings you have on your Samsung Galaxy S3. Within the same software Kies, select the tab Backup / Restore.
2) Choose which items you want to make a backup. However, the most reasonable option is to select all items.
3) When you have decided, select Backup. The process will begin and may go on for several minutes, depending on the amount of information you have stored on your Samsung Galaxy S3. When you’re done, click on the button Fill.
Step. You can start with the update.
1) If the update is available, click on the button Download firmware.
2) The process can go on for several minutes, so we recommend you have patience and wait. You can check the progress of the update through an indicator bar. Do not disconnect or turn off your computer in no time.
3) When you have completed the process, you will receive a notification announcing that the update will come to fruition. The system will ask to reboot, so in a few minutes you start enjoying Android 4.4 KitKat aboard your Samsung Galaxy S3.
OPTION 2. Update via OTA (Over The Air) wirelessly.
First step. Prepare your Samsung Galaxy S3 to update.
1) First, we recommend you connect your Samsung Galaxy S3 to a stable WiFi network, either your home or any other space that offers it. Remember that the data packets related update are usually very heavy and is almost never enough with 3G connection terminal.
2) Then it would be interesting terminal battery is fully charged, at least up to 80%. Avoid accidental power outages that could cause fatal errors on your computer.
3) Before starting the update, you will need to make a backup of all the items you have stored in the terminal as well as the settings you’ve built into the computer all the time. We recommend carrying out this process through software Kies, as I explained above.
Step. Look for the update.
1) At first, we recommend waiting for the company (in case you have a Samsung Galaxy S3 free) or your carrier decides to send you a notice of the availability of the data packet as notification.
2) But if you still have not received it and are interested in upgrading soon, you can also manually check the availability of the data packet. On your Samsung Galaxy S3 accessed paragraph Settings> About device. Within seconds you can see if Android 4.4.2 KitKat is now ready to be installed on your computer.
3) If available, click on the button Update software.
Step. Install Android 4.4.2 KitKat on your Samsung Galaxy S3.
1) If you decide to upgrade at this time, the Samsung Galaxy S3 will connect to servers Samsung a minute and start downloading quickly. Note that the discharge may last for a few minutes.
2) Below is the data package download. The system itself will offer you directions so you do not miss at any time. Wait for the process to complete and do not turn off your Samsung Galaxy S3 at any time.
3) As you see, this is a very simple update. Upon completion of the installation, the phone will ask you to reboot. In a few seconds you will begin to enjoy Android 4.4 KitKat on your Samsung Galaxy S3.