The Samsung Galaxy S4 Active is ready to upgrade to Android 4.4.2 KitKat. It was told that the device would be one of the following to receive the latest operating system of Google mobile, so by now your team can start preparing for the implementation and installation of this package expected data. If you do not know how or where to start, we’ll give you all the instructions you need. For starters you should know that the update may arrive via FOTA (Firmware Over The Air), so you can install it without having to connect the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active and computer with a cable.
However, if you do not like this system and you prefer, you can use the software Kies that Samsung often used to perform such updates, backup and manage the content that we have stored on your computer. Then we tell you step by step how to upgrade your Samsung Galaxy S4 Active to Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
OPTION 1. Update via Kies
First step. Install this software on your computer.
1) If you had not before, the logical thing is to install this software on your computer. It is available for Windows and Mac, so you should not find any problem in compatibility. All you have to do is access the official website of Samsung Kies.
2) Select the download you need according to your operating system. You have two choices: Download for Windows or Mac downloads for. Within a few seconds, you should have the pack on your computer.
3) Now open the file. It is very possible that you can do it directly by clicking on the download bar appears at the bottom of your browser (in this case Chrome) or kit for downloads (if you use Firefox). Once you have located, open the file and click on the Run button. Suffice it to accept the license terms for the system to start the installation.
4) This process will last for a few minutes, depending on the equipment you use. However, soon you should have the installation list. It appears to you a message asking if you want to install Kies as shortcut icon on the desktop. Click Yes if you are interested.
5) When you’re done with this process, click the button Finish. The program already installed on your computer and ready to use.
Step. Connect the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active to the computer.
1) It is a simple gesture. In the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active you will find a slot specially equipped for a USB cable, which by the way will be in the case of purchase of the phone. If you have the original, you can use any other that is compatible.
2) Connect the cable to the microUSB slot and the other end into the computer. Your computer should detect the presence of the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active and software Kies installed just runs automatically. If you do not, do not worry. Just click on the program (find it in the section or access to programs you’ve installed icon on the desktop) to run.
3) Then, the software Kies open, you should see your phone listed as Connected. You’re on the right track.
4) And what about the upgrade? Well, if all goes as it should, this should already be available. Click on the tab Basic Information. If you read “The update is available” and can start the upgrade.
Step. Make a backup of all your files and settings.
1) The next thing you have to do is to back up all the information you have stored on your Samsung Galaxy S4 Active and configurations. Note that each update process may fail and cause you to lose information.
2) Within the own software Kies, go to the tab Backup / Restore.
3) Select the elements you want to add to your backup. The best practice in this case is that the option marques Select all items.
4) When you’re done, click on Backup. From now starts the process. Only recommend you be patient and wait, because the process can go on for several minutes. Everything will depend on the amount of information you have stored on your phone. When you’re done, click on Fill.
Step. Fire up the update.
1) Carried out all the steps so far, you only need to tap on the button Download firmware.
2) Once downloaded, the system will automatically start the installation process. Note that this process often extended for several minutes, so be patient and wait without disconnecting the computer in any time. Any disruption could lead to fatal errors in the phone.
3) The system will tell you that the process is over and at that time, you must click on the button OK sign and you can disconnect the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active your computer.
4) Remember that before you start using your computer normally, the system will ask to reboot. In a few seconds, you can enjoy the benefits of Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
OPTION 2. Update via FOTA (Firmware Over The Air)
First step. Fire up the update process.
1) Before starting any update via FOTA or wireless, you must have prepared your computer. First, we suggest having fully charged battery Samsung Galaxy S4 Active, or at least a 80%.
2) Another essential question: be connected to a WiFi network that can provide stability. The 3G connections are often insufficient and can lead to fatal cuts the phone. Access to the wireless network in your home or work to enjoy a quick download of data packet Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
3) Next, we recommend making a backup of all information and settings stored on your Samsung Galaxy S4 Active. Just connect your phone to software Kies and follow the instructions that we have indicated in the third step above.
Step. Check availability of the update.
1) As I indicated at the beginning, all updates to Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Samsung Galaxy S4 Active arrive via FOTA, or what is the same, Through the Air.
2) In principle, you should receive a notice telling you that the update is now available. If not, go to the section Settings> About device to check if you already have the package Android 4.4.2 KitKat in the chamber.
3) If so, click on update software.
Step. Install Android 4.4.2 KitKat in the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active.
1) In a few seconds, the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active should connect to servers Samsung to start downloading. This process can take a few minutes. Be patient, wait and do not interrupt the process at any time.
2) When the download is complete, the own Samsung will offer instruction to start the update. The process is very simple, so follow the steps provided by the manufacturer.
3) You will see that once you complete the process, the phone restarts automatically. In a few seconds you should start enjoying the interesting advantages Android 4.4.2 KitKat, also for Samsung Galaxy S4 Active.