The wallet, mobile, keys… pockets full of stuff. It appeared that the chaos eventually be simplified into a single device and would begin to pay by mobile. Already it is made with specific apps, for example, to pay for the taxi apps. But now it has gone a step further and we can turn our smartphone in our portfolio with our integrated cards and make payments easy, fast and convenient way bank.
If you’re a mobile NFC and Vodafone customer you can use the free application Wallet and start enjoying this experience. And, but you have a compatible terminal; you can also pay with your phone with SmartPass. What you have to do to start using it, how it works, what terminals are compatible, everything related to security and the details you have on this post.
What is Vodafone Wallet?
Vodafone Wallet is an Android app based on NFC wireless technology that enables data transmission between two devices to make payments with your phone. It also allows you to save and use on mobile all your cards. Includes functionality of bank cards and will gradually adding new services as transport, loyalty cards, coupons, access services, etc..
It also lets you set the level of security you want with cards being able to manually configure to always request a PIN or in automatic mode so you only have to enter PIN for payments above 20 €. You can use Wallet in those establishments that accept “contactless” payment and are identified with an icon like in this image.
Do you need to use Vodafone Wallet?
- A Vodafone NFC phone (no use mobile free) compatible with Vodafone Wallet.
- An NFC SIM from Vodafone.
- Download and configure Vodafone Wallet app.
- Add a credit card to Vodafone Wallet.
- Establishments that accept contactless payments.
To get an NFC card, from November 22, 2013 all supported terminals are sold together with a SIM NFC. In these cases the SIM is free. Customers who already had a compatible terminal can perform a change of SIM in any Vodafone store (cost of switching SIM is 5 € VAT already included).
Compatible phones at the moment are:
- Samsung Galaxy S4 and S4 G+
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini
- Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini
- Samsung Galaxy S3 and S3 LTE
- Sony Xperia Z
- HTC One
- LG Optimus G2
Get started with Wallet
1. Once you know you have a compatible mobile phone and your SIM is NFC sees Store Play Store your Android and Vodafone seeks Wallet app and download it. It is free. You can also download it from the app Vodafone Updates that comes installed by default on your Android. Make sure, before installing, that:
- Have enough battery.
- Good coverage.
- The mobile data connection and WiFi turned off.
Note: In case you have homed Wallet will only work on your home SIM.
2. Click on “Install” and then “Open”. Then enter a PIN of 4 characters for Vodafone Wallet and then enter your email to reset or will reset the PIN in case you forget. Then enter your name and click on “Start Using Vodafone Wallet” once the registration confirmed.
3. Wallet To use, you must add a card. In this case click on the payment card that appears drawn called SmartPass (it is the only time you can include in Wallet). It will ask you your personal details, mobile number (you can only have a number assigned for each SmartPass account and your email address must be validated and activated).
4. Then defines the PIN for SmartPass will be the enabling authorization of payments and other transactions from the app. Accept terms and conditions and expects to receive a registration SMS.
5. Click on the link that has come to you in the SMS to start installing SmartPass in your Wallet. This may take about 15 minutes. Then you will receive a notice informing you that the installation was successful.
6. Sure you have activated your Android NFC function, for this go to Settings> Connections and make sure it is green the “NFC”. If so, you’re ready to access your account and recharge SmartPass.
How to pay with your mobile phone if you do not have a NFC
If your phone is not NFC, you can pay with your phone with SmartPass. It is a prepaid Visa card that recharges with the balance you want it carries another smaller label you place on the back of your phone. Thus, when you run an establishment that allows payment with this technology you just have to bring the mobile to the POS and ready.
From the free app SmartPass you can download from the app store Google Play or Apple Store and if you have an Android or iPhone then you can download it if you open the browser on your phone and write: https://vodafonesmartpass.com/vodafone- signup-converged/es
Vodafone SmartPass can be recharged via 2 pathways: other credit cards / debit Visa or Mastercard and through bank transfer. From the app you can manage everything related to your account SmartPass easily and fast: see the available real-time movement and balance, refresh the mind and even send money to other users SmartPass just know your phone number.
On security in mobile payments
- Applying Vodafone Wallet is protected with a default PIN of the user defined access and ensures that only it can access it (the PIN can be disabled if the user wishes)
- Inside the Wallet NFC functionality can be disabled for all cards, so payment is preventing any of them, for example if lost or stolen
- Only one card is active at all times. You select the card you want to have on by default (“ON”). With this card (provided in the NFC Wallet is active) payments are allowed up to 20 € without entering a PIN. Above 20 € will be necessary to authorize payment by entering the PIN of the card.
- You can also activate the manual payment for any card available on Vodafone Wallet. In this case, it is necessary to pre-authorize all payments regardless of the amount by accessing the application, before holding the phone or POS dataphone
- In case of theft or loss of the phone, calling 123 as I first preventive and quick action, shall immediately disable your Vodafone Wallet. Additionally, we recommend that you also contact with stations in each of its cards entities through channels established by these entities themselves for final deactivation.